Contact Info

Questions? Concerns? Invitations to high-society potluck dinners?
Email us at thesurvivalguidetoeverydaylife@gmail.com

Friday, December 7, 2007

How do I analyze dreams?

It has come to my attention that dream analysis is one field I am not well versed in. In order to advance in this field and better answer this question, I have been making my associate, Leon Firestone, keep a dream journal for purpose of my analysis.

Yeah? These things? Don't catch shit.

For the date of December 7th, 2007, it read as follows:

“I dreamt I was a mermaid. But not any mermaid, I was a mermaid film producer. The only thing is I didn’t know anything about the movie biz, so I would make excursions to the surface and steal film reels from the humans and claim them as my own. I became pretty wealthy, but I wanted more. I needed to find an incredibly high-grossing film reel on the surface and bring it back to Mermadia and hit it big. In an abandoned office, I found a reel for Titanic along with box-office documentation of its success. With high hopes and dollar signs in my eyes, I returned underwater. The film tanked and I lost everything because the mermaid demographic had trouble connecting with a movie where water kills everyone.”

Analysis:
From this I can tell the movie Titanic meant a lot to Leon and he secretly wants to pursue a career at sea, perhaps as a fisherman.

Accuracy of analysis:
After fact checking, my analysis was only partially accurate. Titanic was in fact important to him. His girlfriend at the time stated “he cried during the movie.” She also added “he was a total pussy.” And he should “grow a pair because he didn’t even know those fucking people on that goddamn boat.” However, the thought of pursuing a career at sea always scared Leon ever since he was young and a fisherman punched his mom in the face when she asked him for directions to the zoo, so they could celebrate Leon’s eighth birthday.

No comments: