Contact Info

Questions? Concerns? Invitations to high-society potluck dinners?
Email us at thesurvivalguidetoeverydaylife@gmail.com

Friday, August 8, 2008

Public Outcry (Advice): I think my boyfriend may be drinking rubbing alcohol

Now is the time that we give something back to the community. When someone does a Google search and they happen upon The Survival Guide, we can read what they searched for. However, some of the things people search for are not answered on our site, so this is our way of helping out the answer-seekers, one by one.

The Query: I think my boyfriend may be drinking rubbing alcohol

Our Interpretations: I think my boyfriend may be drinking rubbing alcohol, how do I find out for sure?

I think my boyfriend may be drinking rubbing alcohol, how can I get him to buy his own?

I think my boyfriend may be drinking rubbing alcohol, should I care?

...how do I find out for sure?
You should check your medicine cabinets. Use Sharpie to determine the levels of rubbing alcohol stay consistent with events that need rubbing alcohol. Sometimes, drinkers will try and pass off events as times a person would typically use rubbing alcohol. Usually rubbing alcohol is used never. If he even brings up the notion of rubbing alcohol, chances are he is horribly abusing it. It's no wonder that an estimated 64% of the US population has a hopeless addiction to rubbing alcohol, or as some people call it, The Devil's Aloe.

...how can I get him to buy his own?
Passive aggressiveness is the best route in making sure he is not hogging all over your rubbing alcohol. Just be really loud about how the rubbing alcohol is going so fast and how you don't have much money because you use rubbing alcohol oh so much. If he's a gentleman, he'll at least take a hint and go halvesies on the next bottle. If not, you'll have to take drastic measures and break up with him. Seriously, if someone cannot fess up to drinking your rubbing alcohol, they'll never be ready to face commitment.

...should I care?
One time, after an especially hard break-up, I watched the film Brave Little Toaster for a week straight. Does that mean I really like the Brave Little Toaster? A little. Does it mean I had something bigger going on with my life and the antics of household appliances and the songs they sang gave me a light at the end of the tunnel? Moreso than me legitimately liking the movie. This rubbing alcohol thing is only a phase. Just because your boyfriend drinks rubbing alcohol for the past 2 weeks does not mean that he'll drink it tomorrow. If it makes you feel any better, it's because of something you did.

No comments: